I’m Bruce Leiter, retired English teacher with a bachelor’s degree from Calvin University and an English master’s degree from Western Michigan Univ., sales manager, retired pastor with a master of divinity degree from Calvin Seminary, published author in both fiction and nonfiction, and founder of Growing To Know God Media. Below are summaries of my writings and other media. Click on each title for more information and a way to obtain it.
I pray that you will enjoy the humor and learn from the seriousness of all my books. In fact, such a combination makes up my writing style.
I will continue adding more books and other media only as God guides me.
- Read a true account of published author Bruce Leiter’s dramatic life.
- Learn God’s means to overcome doubt, depression, and disobedience.
- As with all of Bruce Leiter’s books, enjoy his humor, which balances his seriousness.
- Do you want to be able to sort media bias out of your news sources? Do you want tools to overcome the influences of the news media on your emotions?
- This book covers a few days in late September, 2020, of the political news in many news sources in the middle of the presidential campaign. This book will help you overcome the influences of the news media on you at any time, as you apply the eleven kinds of media bias from Allsides.com.
- This novel will strengthen your faith and decrease your doubts. In it, learn about my unusual reasons for believing in God, as I share them with two fictional, thirty-something skeptics, Joe and Holly, with whom I share an adventure.
- Rejoice with me as I share my true, dramatic spiritual experiences. God healed me from a major, seven-year depression and from five years of daily migraines. He also gave me permanent peace about three kinds of chronic physical pain.
- Enjoy a clean romance while you experience a suspenseful, thrilling murder-mystery in which a Muslim and a Christian fight serial killers and terrorists in a fictional Muslim country in A.D. 2084.
- Your thinking will be stimulated as you read discussions between Christian Farhan and his Muslim partner that are about the differing beliefs that motivate them to protect life and seek justice.
- Learn new reasons for believing in the God of the Bible, whether you are approaching from a Christian or a skeptical position.
- How can a Christian family live in an atheistic culture?
- Ten years after the previous novel, Farhan, Shirley, and their two children, Matt and Mary, move to Indianapolis, where Farhan teaches as a full-time criminology professor and does consultant work for the Indy Police Department. He is paired up with an atheistic detective. They investigate mass shootings, bank robberies/murders, and burglaries to seek justice.
- Atheists have taken over the political power in the United States government, and the culture is mostly atheistic. How can minority Christians deal with such an environment?
- How can the U.S. deal with Civil War II?
- Enjoy the suspense of investigations of the major white-collar crimes by the police and consultant Farhan Issah.
- Also, enjoy the surprising weekend outings of Farhan’s family that are sometimes relevant to the crimes.
- Will the perpetrators of scams against government, voters, and investors get away with their thefts?
- Learn from Farhan’s discussions as a Christian with Hindus and a couple of atheists.
- How can a Christian family survive and flourish in a Hindu-oriented society?
Devotional Bible studies (the "Step-by-step Bible-study series")
Overcome Modern Idols: Beat 31 False Gods (in Kindle and paperback)
- Every culture has false gods. In this devotional Bible study, you will discover the false cultural ideas that influence Christians.
- You will also learn the ways you can stand against those gods and overcome their influences in your life and the lives of your loved ones.
- All devotional Bible studies have serious Bible study, group discussion questions, and steps to help you apply the Bible’s teachings to your daily life.
- In this devotional Bible study, overcome ten real temptations that get stronger as you grow older and as your perspective changes.
- Prepare your feelings and decision-making for growing older by focusing more on God’s plan for you as taught in the Bible.
- Overcome the “Ten Temptations of Old Age,” which are outlined by Dr. Keith Drury in an Internet article.
- Find out how to have fun God’s way, through Jesus’ victory.
- God will bless you personally with his insights about how to find your pleasure in him.
- Learn to rejoice God’s way in the real joys of life.
- Beneficial for both individual and group Bible study.
- Experience God’s rescue from the fun-worship of an unbeliever and the fun-idolatry of a new or stagnant Christian.