What can God do through our sincere prayers focused on him?
- Learn how God convinced me of his existence when I was sixteen, turned me away from my willful rebellion at the age of thirty-three, and healed my emotions at the age of forty-four.
- God used psychological professionals to enable me to get in touch with my forty-three-year-old anger and anxiety that I had buried in my unconscious mind without knowing it. Learn about God’s breakthroughs in my life so that you or a loved can benefit.
- Later, I experienced five years of daily migraines of varying intensity. Medication helped after they started, but God led me directly to a permanent solution that has now lasted more than a decade.
See how God gave me peace that has lasted more than three decades about our son’s death and other losses I had experienced. God enabled me to accept those losses that God permitted, but didn’t cause, in my life. That spiritual experience was amazing to me. You can have that peace too.
- I want God to strengthen your faith and decrease your doubts and those of your loved ones as you read about my unusual reasons for believing in the God of the Bible.
Drawing from the author's own life experiences and from situations he encountered as a pastor, the kind of Christianity presented here isn't sugar-coated, but is instead a faith that grapples with challenges as varied as unemployment, serious illness, chronic pain, the death of a child to leukemia, and depression serious enough to lead to in-patient treatment.
Through references to Islam and other non-Christian religious and philosophical perspectives, the author recognizes the challenge to traditional Christianity posed by other belief systems in an increasingly diverse America.
Doubtbusters! is written in a clear, informal style and is relatively free of the spelling, grammatical, and word-choice errors common in many recent publications. Doubtbusters! can profitably be read alone or used in a Bible study or similar small-group setting. To assist the latter use, the author has provided discussion questions at the end of each section.
- In addition, you can learn how to reach out to people whose lifestyles are different from yours with God’s love. Some people call it friendship evangelism. The whole book shows my friendly relationship with Joe and Holly that models my version of friendship outreach, which God has blessed abundantly in my life.
I invite your comments about this page and your reactions to my book.