If you know people who doubt that we can know God, give them my life-story What God Has Done.
In this category of our blog, we will explore the question, “What does it mean to know God?”
- A lot of people have had some exposure to Christian beliefs through Sunday school attendance, summer Daily Vacation Bible school, a Bible camp, or occasional church attendance when they were young. Those same people believe that God exists. As a result, many people know ideas about God and Jesus, but comparatively few know him personally.
- You might know a lot about your country’s leader, but how many of you know him or her personally? In fact, how many people respect AND love that leader personally? I assume that the answer is “very few.”
- The Bible calls us to know and love Jesus, the heavenly Father, and the Holy Spirit as the one Maker and Rescuer of our lives. Because he loved us first, we love him. How can we?
- Love is an interesting topic in our age. Some people teach that we must love ourselves. The Bible shares the same teaching except after two very important first and second steps: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and strength. The second is like it, Love your neighbor as yourself” (Jesus’ commands in Matthew 22:37-39). Yes, we must love ourselves, but our acts of love for God and the people close to us must come first.
- Jesus says in Revelation 3:20, “Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.” In Bible times, eating with people meant personal, loving fellowship with them.
- In this category of our blog, we will explore what it means to know God. I invite your comments.
Let’s have a discussion about knowing God.